Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Think Tank: Writing around the Chaos

I'd love to write something brilliant, pithy, and worth quoting ad nauseum. 

Er, reality check, mija's y mijo's. 

This is still me we're talking about. 

So I'm just gonna shoot straight from the hip, and hope a word or two hits the target.
I love what I do. Dreaming up characters, or sometimes just sitting still and being a conduit for them to tell their stories. It's amazing. I get to look at pics of hot people and legitimately claim to be doing research. 

How cool is that?

But that's not the whole picture.

Because I have a family.

And family = chaos.

Cause everyone has different needs, and slightly different rhythmic patterns they move to. I think the difference keep life spicy. 

So, spice is good. 

Anyone who has ever spent time in a kitchen can tell you that. 

Put the wrong spices together though, and the result can be wretched. And by wretched, I mean abso-freaking-lutely NASTY TASTING.

Not quite how one wants life.

So...

I write around the chaos. I get up early. I break the writing into bits and pieces. I take the vignettes that my family provides me and weave them into my stories. 

And, Ta-Da *sings that part*, I have a story. And a family that sees me, and is part of my everyday rhythm. Some days we flow together smooth and tasty as Jiffy extra-creamy peanut butter and Nutella (if you don't know what this is I weep for you). Some days, we're way more Fish and Bicyclish. 

Eh.

I just keep going. I love what I do, and I love who I am...mother, singer, writer, etc.

Like I said, not especially clever today. Just kinda heart-full and hoping.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?