Thursday, December 27, 2012

THE LAST BIG THING (of 2012)

Hey Babies, I think that maybe this BIG THING is a day late... and I am extremely discombobulated by the whole kidlet home for two weeks on school va-ca. *picture a very frazzled Cherie blundering about in a Christmas Dinner and Childus Interruptus fog of bewilderment* 

Blink.
Blink.
Blink.

No, really. Okay so just for the sake of argument, let's say this baby right here was supposed to go up today. 

*looks about guiltily for AJ's look of Oh-My-God-Are-You-Seriously-Trying-That-Innocent-Act look* 

*still looking*

*Nothing? Whew!*

Okie Dokie then, here is my LAST BIG THING for 2012... and seriously, after this I think I'll only do this like, once a month tops. No, really.

THE LAST BIG THING OF 2012 (well, at least for me)



Alright, babies, here it is… I’m answering (yes, I know, yet again) 10 questions about my latest Work In Progress... just for you, and you, and oh, yes, you too. Ready, steady, go, go, go!



1) What is the working title of your book? 


The next stories up to bat (as soon as I finish the pesky, wonderful one currently cluttering up my desktop) are a brace of shorts called Kitchen Things (M/F) and Snow Day (M/M/F) respectively... and they are both going to be part of anthologies I'm working on with some fellow Silver authors.

2) Where did the idea come from for the book? 

Lol. I got one from a hot pic posted up by the every amazing Portia de Moncur, and one from... well, honestly, from watching out my window as the snow fell. :)

3) What genre does your book fall under? 

Kitchen Things is Contemporary, and Snow Days is a paranormal.

4) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 


LOL. Someone does one sentence synopsizes? *I laugh about that every time...* 
Um, Kitchen Things is a little story about the things we never thought we'd do and yet find ourselves undertaking for love... uh, and Snow Days is the story of a very ordinary school teacher stumbling over a snow drift and into the realm of things that go bump in the night. :)

5) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 

These two are destined for a home at Silver Publishing.

6) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 

Dude. I’m still writing the first draft. They're slated for completion this week, as they have a January deadline for completion. *gulps*

7) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 

Okay, I know this is my stock answer, but really, I still wouldn’t.

8) Who or What inspired you to write this book? 

Portia's picture, Allison Cassatta's exuberance, and ... mah smexy muse. He is awesome. 

9) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? 

Hm... it will be awesome?

10) Oh, I forgot the question about who would play my characters in the screen adaptation of my stories... 


Okay, I dunno... oh, wait. I'm feeling inspired. I will play the lead in Kitchen Things... um, after a six month stint of intensive training with an uber hot personal trainer, I shall take the lead opposite Hugh Jackman. *stares dreamily at his picture* 

Huh? Oh, you can take the lead in the other story. Yeah. Just pick two hotties to play opposite you and let me know who they are. Heh. And um, could you just give me a few thousand years to stare at Hugh?

******************************

Okay. I have no idea who I was following this time... I think it was AJ Kelton, but I'm not sure (all down to me being a chowder-head... who ever asked me to follow them gave clear instructions and directions to their web addy and all that, I am sure) but as soon as I figure it out, and get some peeps to follow, I will update this entry to reflect my new knowledge... beg you all shamelessly to go check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?