Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday's Think Tank: Pulling Triumph from Unforseen Adversity

Today's Think Tank post has been brewing in the back of my head for a few weeks. It's seeds are in my admiration for the perseverance and determination of a man many of you know, Eric Arvin, the extremely talented author.

You see, Eric's been through some tough times. And yet he keeps going. It made me think, really think about how the challenges I've faced in the last year or two can be reframed, even turned into opportunities to triumph.

So, I hit my head, *pauses to let everyone get their laughter over with* the summer before last. And my brain hasn't been quite the same since. Now, I could whinge and cry about how hard things are, or I can look at this from a different angle. I write differently now. I have to take more time. I have to double and triple check everything from daily meds to making a list where I can check things off as I go through my days. And while all of that is a bit of a pain in the keister, I've decided to look upon my new normal as an opportunity to be more deliberate in my life.

I'm planning out times to spend with my Kidlet. I'm having to relearn how long it takes me to accomplish tasks, and that's not a bad thing. It lets me look at everything I do with fresh eyes.

Oh, I intended this post to be so much longer, and more profound. But I have commitments to meet, and not enough time in my day to get everything done. So I'll leave you with this thought: I didn't know what I could accomplish in the face of adversity until I got slapped down a few times. No matter what you're going through, try to look at it from the a different angle. You may find that it's more a blessing than a curse if you can achieve that.

Oh, and if you want a sterling example of this, go check out Patrick Rummerfield's website. You'll be amazed.  This quote tops his page: "Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." ~Napoleon Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?