Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Mania

More of the same really, just hiding out (as much as I am able) in the cave writing my fingers off in-between juggling the needs of my family. The same song sung by oh-so-many, yes? Because most everyone has demands on their time that have to do with other stuff than the marvelous characters running around in their heads,and that's just as it should be... and yet, as authors, the characters in our heads are part and parcel of both our one true love and our favorite first or second job of the many jobs we may hold.

Some of us are fortunate enough to have the writing gig be our full time job, others have to squeeze their writing in around the day to day grind of other careers and general things. I'm trying to squeeze my writing in around all my daily life stuff, and this week the real world shenanigans seems to be leading the race. Perhaps next week the roles will reverse, or I will be better able to balance the two. I sure hope so, because my characters are getting antsy and giving me all sorts of grief over the long delay in telling their stories whilst I deal with daily life!

I am writing, my dears. Not as quickly as I would like, but I am writing, and will keep at it.

This is Cherie, writing you from the trenches in front of the Writing Cave, madly waving the white flag as I try to keep my daily life from warring with my characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?