Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday's Mayhem and Foolishness

As some of you may know, I started my spring semester this past Monday. Oddly enough, I'm finding that taking fifteen credits is actually contributing to making me more organized and helping me get more, rather than less done. Hush, you. I know it's counter intuitive, but, there you have it. Personally I think it has a lot to do with me having a urgent, nay, a desperate need for uber-organization in order to get ANYTHING at all done.

I don't have everything scheduled. And this schedule is from before I switched some of my courses around. Whether I'm studying online or in an actual class, I just list it as school time. And I don't list everything. Just the big blocks, School, Work, Family, and Gym. Both work and Gym are JFW times, just f*ing write and just f*ing workout, respectively. For some reason, having more stuff to do? Just motivates me. I did give myself the option to take one day a week off from the gym/workout schedule. And I read for pleasure at bedtime every single night. Some nights I get in a few hours of fun reading. Some nights I open my book and promptly close my eyes, lol. Mostly though, I'm having a blast. I'm doing what I love, and learning how to understand the business end of it at the same time. I don't know that this kind of controlled chaos would work for anyone else, but for me? It's good times. The blocks of writing time keep me fed creatively. The workouts clear my mind and strengthen my body, and the Family time builds relationship with my kidlet. School helps me to be better at all three.

That's all the mayhem and foolishness I have to relate today. Smooches to you all. Hoping you're having as much fun in this messy thing called life as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?